Reasons you would come see your counselor:
- need someone to talk to about school, family or friends
- questions about your schedule
- need help in your classes or improving your grades
- general questions
If you want to see your counselor, come during lunch, before school, afterschool or during Pride Time. We might ask to see you by sending a pink slip to your classroom.
You are NEVER in trouble when you are called down to the counseling office :)
- Write your homework in your planner every day, and look at your planner when you get home.
- Have a set time and place to do homework and stick to it.
- If you are having trouble with your homework, be a problem solver! Here are some suggestions:
- make an appointment with your teacher
- get a Pride Time pass to go see your teacher
- ask a friend in class to help you
- ask your parents / guardians for help
- check Haiku
- send an email to your teacher
- talk with your counselor
- don’t give up
- Check your grades in Skyward. Make sure all of your work is entered. If you got a bad grade, review point 3 above and be a problem solver.
- Breathe! There will be times that you feel stressed. It’s normal. We all feel stressed at times. Just Breathe!
- The best way to make friends in middle school is to join a club or sport. Get involved!
- Be kind to yourself and to others.
- You can get good grades if you do these two things: attend school every day and do your homework. Attendance really matters in middle school.