1. Fill out the Athletic Participation-Physical Form
If student has had a physical on file that is less than two years old, this form is not necessary.
3. Fill out the Purchase Order Form and pay Participation fee: $75.00 per sport, $150.00 max.
4. Pay ASB fee:
- $25.00 for a regular card, or
- $70.00 for a Royal Pride card that also gets you into all the socials, includes the RHMS yearbook and a Rose Hill T-shirt.
5. GET READY TO HAVE SOME FUN!!!!
Season Four runs from April 9th thru June 1st.
Mr. Bellefeuille, Ms. Savio, Mr. Thornley, Mr. Warnick
- For inquiries specific to the girls, please contact Head Girls Coach Savio
- For inquiries specific to the boys, please contact Head Boys Coach Thornley (cell: 206-409-5289)
- Practice is Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, 2:30-4:00 p.m.
- Location: Rose Hill Middle School and occasionally Lake Washington High School
Food & Water
- We encourage students have their own water on the track. We have limited water fountains and don’t want them in and out of the building if possible.
- Because students have lunch between 11:00 and 12:30 we always recommend students have a light, healthy snack after school (fruit, veggies, granola bar, etc.) Stay away from pop and sugar treats!! These troopers really need that afternoon burst. IT WILL MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE in their workouts and progression.
- We practice rain or shine. Only thunder and lightning cancels a practice or meet.
- We do have some stairs and gym workouts if it is extremely wet.
- BRING CLOTHES FOR ALL OCCASIONS! Sweats are required every single day regardless.
We require athletes to bring a sweatshirt and sweat pants for both health and safety reasons. This is required to have EVERY SINGLE DAY regardless of weather. We know the spring time can bring weather changes quickly and we want students to be prepared since we do not cancel practices. If students are already wearing long pants such as spandex, leggings, etc. they do not have to have additional sweat pants.
*Note, if students do not own a sweatshirt and/or sweatpants, they are available to buy a used set from RHMS Athletic Department for $20 for the entire set.
- As you have been witnessing, our track and field is making its way back! We will be practicing here at Rose Hill Middle. There might be times when we head up to LWHS to practice on the real track prior to the meet. It is important you sign the off-campus permission for your athlete.
- It is essential that parents pick their athletes up right at 4:00. Coaches are required to stay until all athletes have left and they have other responsibilities, families, and work to do as well.
- We have a bus to and from ALL meets. This includes our “hosted” home meets at Lake Washington.
- Athletes MUST have a parent sign them out at ALL MEETS. If an athlete is walking, they will still need to check out with a coach so we can ensure their safety. If your athlete is going home with another family, have them bring a note or email their coach ahead of time! Communication is critical to keep our kids safe and we do not have time at meets to deal with these issues.
- Locker rooms are CLOSED at 2:30 and do not open until 4:00. THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS!!
- If an athlete needs to leave early, they will need to bring their belongings outside with them.
- We are not responsible for your belongings!
- Do not leave anything unlocked in the locker room!
- Our lockers will not fit a full backpack; however anything of value should be put in and locked up in the bin
- Examples of valuables might be netbooks, jewelry, shoes, clothing items, cell phones, and music or portable devices.
- AGAIN – we are not responsible for things that go missing!
***All meets start at 3:30 and can last up until 6:30, please plan accordingly!***
Please check RH web site for updates weekly.
We do not have a final approved schedule to send out. All meets will be held on Thursday or Friday at one of the four high school locations.
- Kirkland & Kamiakin @ Rose Hill Thursday 4/26 Lake Washington High School
- Finn Hill & Rose Hill @ Kirkland Thursday 5/3 Lake Washington High School
- Kamiakin & Rose Hill @ Redmond Friday 5/11 Redmond High School
- Rose Hill @ Kirkland Friday 5/18 Lake Washington High School
- Varsity District Finals Tuesday 5/22 --- Juanita High School - 4:45 pm
- JV District Finals on Thursday 5/24 at Juanita High School - 3:45 pm
Varsity vs. JV and Events (2-2-2)
Events to choose from: 100m, 200m, 400m, 100m hurdles (55 hurdles), 800m, 1600m, 4x100m relay, 4x200m relay, 4x 400m relay, long jump, triple jump, shot put and high jump.
- A trackster may participate in four events.
- No more than 2 individual running or 2 field or 2 relay.
- No athlete can have four running events.
- Top 4 times are on varsity. An Athlete can mix events if they are varsity level in a particular event but run JV in another. In the past that is usually a varsity field event and a JV runner.
- We conduct time trials for each event and athletes explore all field events so they, along with their coaches, can pick events they like that best fit their skill level.
Track Meet Events
Time: 4:00 pm
Sequence: Girls V, Boys V, Girls JV, Boys JV
All field events simultaneously.
- 55 Meter Hurdles
- 1600 Meter Run
- 100 Meter Dash
- 400 Meter Dash
- 4 X100 Relay
- 200 Meter Dash
- 800 Meter Run
- 4 X 200 Relay
- 4 X 400 Relay
Meet results and pictures posted at Athletic.net
- Do you take pictures at the meets? Please share with Mr. T for use in the year end picture montage.
- Picture Day: April 23rd --Students must bring uniforms
- BBQ-style this year!
- MVP, Most Inspirational, Most Improved, and Coaches Awards given out
- Athletes MUST bring back their uniforms and sweatshirts/pants to avoid a fine.
There are 2 sessions of Intramurals. Each session costs $25.00. Students should report to the gym for each session. For questions, please contact Athletic Director, Shane O'Brien at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Session 1: Indoor Soccer - January 2nd through January 12th on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 2:15-4:00 pm. No Intramurals on Wednesdays.
- Session 2: Dodgeball - January 16th through January 26th on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 2:15-4:00 pm. No Intramurals on Wednesdays.
- Deadline to enroll in Season Two sports is Wednesday, October 25th.
- Season Two runs from October 30th thru December 15th.
- Season Two sport choices:
- Girls Basketball
- Boys Basketball (7th and 8th only)
- Season Two Schedule
IMMEDIATE Clinic, has two locations close to Rose Hill Middle School. They are a walk-in clinic that charges $50.00 for same day physicals. Appointment not necessary, but recommended.
BARTELL Redmond Care Clinic, has a convenient Redmond Location. They offer walk-in same day physicals with a $50 charge. Appointment not necessary, online check-in available.
Rose Hill Middle School offers this information as a courtesy. We do not endorse or promote the above establishments.