Offered for a very limited time. Place your order by Tuesday, March 9.
- Sweatshirts - $ 22
- T-Shirt - $ 8
2020-2021 Student Council Elections General InformationASB Advisor – Ms. Wade – firstname.lastname@example.org
2020-2021 Student Council Elections:
6th Grade - General Information
ASB Advisor – Ms. Wade – email@example.com
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A 6TH GRADE REPRESENTATIVE?
• ASB, or Associated Student Body is the student government at RHMS
• ASB Representatives take part in important and ongoing conversations about student life at our school. They are responsible for making decisions for the betterment of all students
• 6th Grade Representatives have the important job of listening to and communicating the needs of the 6th grade students at RHMS. You are the voice for our students!
• Representatives are responsible for following the Pride Way and setting a good example to other students at our school
• There are four student representatives at each grade level
ASB OFFICER & CLASS REPRESENTATIVE CANDIDATE GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be an ASB member for the 2020-2021 school year
*Requirement temporarily suspended, as the district is not collecting ASB fees at this time
• Must maintain a 3.0 GPA or higher
• Candidate must have no outstanding suspensions or violations of Student Handbook regulations
• Committed to attending an AM meeting on the 2nd Tuesday of each month from 8am-9am to discuss school business with the other ASB Representatives
• Candidates will first be selected via a primary (teacher evaluations and candidate interviews) and then move on to a populous vote (student body)
• All campaign materials must be completed by the deadlines outlined below. Late submissions will result in disqualification from the election race.
HOW WILL THE PROCESS BE DIFFERENT FOR THIS ELECTION?
• Due to school closures, the 2020-2021 Election will occur entirely online
• All forms will be completed online through Microsoft Forms
• Election interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams
• Campaigning components of the election process have been removed for this year, this includes the candidate support signature form, and campaign posters
• Candidates will create and submit a speech video, to be viewed by students prior to voting
• Voting will be conducted online via Microsoft Forms
1. Candidate Application Form:
- Completed online via Microsoft Forms, due by Wednesday, October 28th at 3pm
- Please follow this link to complete the Application Form **Please note, only one Form can be completed per applicant. Make sure you have fully completed the Form before submitting**
2. Teacher Evaluation Form:
- Each candidate in their Application Form will provide Ms. Wade the name and contact information of their 5th grade teacher from last year. Your 5th grade teachers know you well and will help provide insight on a candidate’s leadership qualities.
- Ms. Wade will email a Microsoft Teacher Evaluation Form to your former teacher on your behalf no later than Wednesday, October 28th .
- It is recommended that candidates email their former teachers to inform them of this election component and thank them for their time.
- Completed online via Microsoft Forms, due by Wednesday, November 4th at midnight
3. Candidate Interview:
- You will participate in an interview with Ms. Wade and Mrs. Love to determine your candidacy fitness. Interviews will take approximately 15 minutes.
- Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams video call. You will receive an invitation via Microsoft Outlook to attend your scheduled meeting time.
- Interviews will be conducted during the week of November 9th.
4. Election Speech:
- Your election speech will be your primary means of communicating your candidacy to the RHMS student body. Your speech should seek to address:
a. Why you are running for ASB Student Representative
b. Why you are the best candidate for the position
- Your speech must follow all election guidelines, indicated on the candidate application form and ASB Representative Code of Conduct. **Speeches which do not follow election guidelines may result in disqualification from the election**
- Film yourself reading your speech. You may use your student computer or another video recording device.
- Speech videos may be no more than 2 minutes in length.
- Send the RAW, UNEDITED footage to Ms. Wade. Submit your video file using this link.
- Submit your video no later than Wednesday, November 4th at 3:00pm
- Voting ballots will be distributed via email on Monday, November 16th . Students will have until Wednesday, November 18th to watch the candidate video and submit their ballot.
- You are allowed to vote in the election. The election process used for this voting process is called “Instant Run-off Voting.” Students will vote for their chosen candidates in order of preference. The candidate with the fewest votes is eliminated, and votes redistributed as necessary until all final candidates are selected (simulating multiple successive run-off elections)
- Election results will be announced via email the week of November 23rd. . All candidates will be informed of the results via email before an announcement is made to the school.
Candidates should regularly check their school email for updates on all election-related matters. Questions can always be directed to Ms. Wade (RHMS ASB Adviser) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Missing the deadlines outlined below will disqualify you from the ASB election. Please see email Ms. Wade should you have any questions along the way!
|Wed 10/28||Application Form Due by 3:00pm|
|Wed 11/4||Election Video Speech Due by 3:00pm Teacher Recommendation Form Due by 3:00pm|
|Wk of 11/9||Interviews Conducted – You will receive an invitation with your interview timeslot|
|Wk of 11/16||Voting! Speech video shown during Pride Time on Monday 10/16 with voting open until 3pm on Wednesday 10/18|