Parents and students cleaned up the grounds around Bell Elementary School after school on Friday, October 13.
Welcome to Rose Hill Middle School!
We are looking forward to meeting your family! The following steps will provide you will the information and forms you need to register your child.
- 1. Determine your neighborhood school
- 2. Documents to bring
- 3. Forms to complete
- Make an appointment
Students must register at their "home" or neighborhood school, according to the attendance boundaries. Go to school and bus finder for information on what your “home” schools are, including elementary, middle school and high school, based on your address. If you need assistance determining which school your student will attend, please contact the Lake Washington School District transportation department at 425-936-1120.
We require the following to register:
- Proof of child's birth date, such as a birth certificate or passport
- Proof of residency, showing guardian's name and address, such as:
- Utility bill (Water, Gas, Electricity, Sewer or Waste)
- Sale agreement, property tax receipt or mortgage statement
- Rental property signed contract, lease, or current payment statement
- Government/IRS correspondence or Tax return
- We do not accept: phone bills, cable bills, internet bills, driver's licenses or bank statements
- Records of Immunizations — students must meet state immunization requirements. Bring proof of immunization from your family physician or a local health department. The parent or guardian then transfers this information to a certificate of immunization and signs the certificate to verify its accuracy.
- Emergency contact information — bring information such as the student's birth date, address and home phone, mother and father's employer and work phone numbers, name and phone number of emergency contacts other than parent/guardian (ideally this person or people will live near the student), student's doctor's name and phone number, names of any medications student takes and any medical condition student may have.
- Previous school information — If a student is transferring from another school, it is helpful if the parent brings the name, address and phone number of the previous school.
- Academic History (if available) — Students transferring from another school should bring academic records. The school may also ask if the student has been in any special programs in their previous school such as English Language Learner, special reading program, etc.
Schools enroll students based on age. For example, according to Washington State's uniform entry age, a child must be eleven years of age as of midnight, August 31, of the year of entry to be entitled to enter sixth grade. If a parent wishes to enroll the student in a grade other than what corresponds to the child's age, documentation from the child's previous school must be provided.
Please pick up a Registration Packet from school, or print and complete the following forms to bring with you at registration:
- Address Verification Form
- Student Registration Form (Español)
- Certificate of Immunization Status (Español)
Certificate of Immunization Exemption Status (Español)
- Nurse Alert Form (Español)
- Home Language Survey Form (Español)
- Middle School Laptop Agreement Form (Español)
- Course Selection Form (Find in the Forms Tab)
Find registration instructions and forms in the New Student Registration Tab.
2017-2018 Course Selection Forms
Please fill out the appropriate form for the grade your child will be entering:
Course descriptions and requirements:
- New to the Lake Washington School District?
- Returning to the district from private school, home schooling, another district, etc?
- Out of our attendance area, but looking to attend Rose Hill Middle School?
- Currently attending another LWSD school, and moving to the Rose Hill Middle School attendance area?
If your student attended a Lake Washington School in the past, withdrew to attend a private school, a public school out of the district or to receive home instruction, is now living in our attendance area and wishing to enroll in Rose Hill Middle School, please follow the instructions for New Student Registration.
Students who live in the district
Rose Hill Middle School is currently CLOSED to In-District Transfers. For more information about in-district transfers, please see
Students who live outside the district
Rose Hill Middle School is currently CLOSED to transfers from out of district, also known as Choice Transfers. For more information on transfers between districts, please see
You have options!
- If you wish that your child keeps attending their current school, contact their Registrar and ask if the school will consider accepting an in-district variance.
- If you have decided to transfer your child to Rose Hill Middle School:
- Please notify your student's current school when you will be moving, and what your child's last day at their school will be.
- Call our Registrar to make an appointment. To enroll your student, you will need to bring:
- An address verification document, such as a utility bill (water, sewer, gas, electricity or waste), sale or rental agreement. This document must show parent name and address. We do not accept phone, cable, internet bills, driver's licenses or bank statements.
- Your student's schedule at their current school, or your student's last report card.
School & Bus Finder
Find your neighborhood school
Vaccine requirements for school
Breakfast & Lunch at school
Prices and payment options
Middle School Math Pathway
Accelerated Math options
In District Variance Options
Households outside RHMS area
Between Districts Transfers
Households outside the district
English Language Learners
Transitional bilingual instruction
For students with special needs
For Highly Capable Students